HACA Board of Directors – New Members Wanted
HACA Board of Directors – New Members Wanted!
Currently, HACA Is taking applications for the 2017-2019 board of directors. The HACA board meets four times a year – January, April, June and September - at various locations in the Metro DC area.
Click here for an application.
Job Description for Board of Directors
PURPOSE: To serve the Board as a voting member; to develop policies, procedures and regulations for the operation of the Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area; to monitor finance of the organization, its programs and performances.
EXPECTED MEETING ATTENDANCE:
- Regularly attend meetings as scheduled (four times per year)
- Attend any standing committee meetings if a member
- Participate as an ad hoc committee member if appointed
- Attend Board retreats, in-service workshops and other Board development activities
- Attend and participate in special events as needed
OBLIGATIONS OF THE BOARD:
- Establish policy
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the Executive Director
- Secure adequate funds
- Monitor finances
- Develop, maintain and update long-range plans
- Attend meetings and show commitment to Board activities
- Be well informed on issues and agenda items in advance of meetings
- Contribute skills, knowledge and experience when appropriate
- Listen respectfully to other points of view
- Participate in organizational decision making
- Financially support the organization
- Assume leadership roles in all Board activities, including fundraising
- Represent the organization to the public and to private industry
- Educate oneself about needs of people served by the Hemophilia Association of the Capital Area.