HACA Fall Festival and Walk
THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for the 5th annual HACA Fall Festival and Walk on Saturday, October 14, at Lake Accotink Park! It was a nice day - warm, a little cloudy, but a nice break from the streak of cold walks we've had in the past!
Our fundraisers blew past the $60,000 goal, and we are currently at more than $85,000!! Funds raised through the walk support a variety of programs, including patient assistance; scholarships for educational meetings and college; summer camp for kids;and research through contributions to the National Hemophilia Foundation's Judith Graham Poole Postdoctoral Research Program.
This year's top fundraising individual was Kate Greene of Team Rock Steady for Eddie, and our top team was William the Conqueror, led by the Urbahn family.
We had a few contests as well the day of the walk. Best Team Name and Best T-shirt went to the Non-Clotter Trotters (the Cosman family); Largest Group was Harley Heroes; Best Costume went to Veronica Scott; and the winner of the passport drawing was Diana Cosman.
Thank you to our 2017 Walk Sponsors:Presenting Sponsor
- CSL Behring
- Bayer Healthcare
- CVS Caremark
- Novo Nordisk
- Signature Financial Partners
- Specialty Home Infusion
- Supporter Sponsor
- TD Bank
- National Cornerstone Health Services
- Ubelhart Rogstad and Associates
A few other thank-you's:The brothers of Chi Psi fraternity at George Mason University for volunteering the day of the event.
- Ernesto Rivera of Austral Lights Photography for photograping the event. He's taken photos at every HACA walk! You can find out more about Ernesto at http://www.austral-lights-photography.com/
- Robin and Phil Monin for building the backboard for our bean bag toss game
- Cecilia Newman for designing the beautiful Fall Festival and Walk logo.