Established in 1964
Our guiding principles
Mission & Vision
HACA’s mission is to support advocacy, education, and awareness efforts that build and sustain community among all people impacted by bleeding disorders.
- Actively engage our membership and refine the programs and services to meet the needs of our community.
- Monitor and respond to an evolving healthcare system, and advocate for comprehensive access to health care services of people with bleeding disorders.
- Ensure that HACA has the resources and stability to serve as an effective and streamlined organization for our members.
- Increase Public Policy and Advocacy Efforts
- Increase Participation in Chapter Events
- Develop Strong, Consistent Fundraising Programs
- Strengthen Board
In 2014, to commemorate HACA’s 50th anniversary, current Executive Director and then-Chapter Administrator Brenda Bordelon wrote a history of the chapter using historical documents preserved by the chapter and interviewing past executive directors and board members. She then worked with a graphic designer to create a written history of HACA. See the sidebar to read “HACA Looks Back: 50 Years of Caring.”