HACA members old and new joined together on Saturday, March 26, at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale, VA, for the chapter’s first in-person Chapter Education Day since 2019.
As in past years, the event featured a track for adults with a bleeding disorder and their caregivers, and a track for parents or caregivers of a child with a bleeding disorder, plus a general session for all audiences.
A special thanks to the speakers who led the various sessions:
- Nina Duggan, Miriam Goldstein, Ann Kendall and Robin Monin, who were our panelists for the “I Wish I Would Have Known” panel;
- Angela Lambing, MSN, ANPC, GNPC, who led both the session on medical marijuana for our adult track, and shared decision making for the parent track;
- Dr. Gary Kupfer of the Georgetown HTC who led a session for the adults on joint health;
- Janet Rivera of Optum Health for leading the “Factor Funnies” program, and Janet Martin of Takeda for presenting “My Factor, My Body,” both for the school-aged kids;
- Perry Parker, a professional golfer who has hemophilia, who led a session and golf clinic for the kids.
- Miriam Goldstein, director of advocacy at HFA, who also gave a federal policy update.
Thank you everyone who gave up time on a Saturday to attend, as well as the sponsors who exhibited: Accredo, Bayer Health Care, Biomatrix, DrugCo, CSL Behring, Genentech, Medexus Pharma, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma, Optum, Paragon Healthcare, Pfizer, Sanofi, Spark Therapeutics, Superior Biologics and Takeda.